Saturday, July 22, 2006

An Apology

Sometimes, we humans tend to be more emotional than rational. I'm afraid that I definitely fall into that category. I just don't think sometimes. I've had a pretty tumultuous last two months, and as a result of all of this, nearly lost my best friend. You see, when this all started, I felt that she had turned on me. That wasn't the case at all; she was trying to push me as far as possible from the situation that was about to unfold, and for my own good as it turned out. I took it way too hard, and as a result did some stupid things. It ended up becoming a recurring obsessive thought that I just couldn't shake; why was she doing this?
The problem really wasn't her. It was me and my inability to let her go when she really needed to be free. Let me rephrase that. I know well that she belongs to nobody, no one. Yet I just couldn't leave the situation alone. In my attempt to keep her from being hurt, I ended up becoming a target myself (and to a degree still am). She didn't want a martyr, she wanted a friend. She didn't need heroes, she needed an understanding soul.
I let those events consume me. It was one of the things that played a major role in my own drama. But it wasn't her fault at all. She had asked that I give her space. And I didn't. And it nearly cost me a very dear friend, and probably has done some serious damage to our relationship. It will heal, I've no doubt. But it will need time.
To my dear friend, and you know who you are, please forgive me for all that I've done. It was never my intent to make this situation more complicated. Just trust that I will always be here for you and will do all I can to mend this. I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home